Your 2023 Burger Menu (Coming May 2023)
We are excited for our 11th Annual Great Grill Off on Sunday, June 11, 2023 from 12:30-3:30pm. We are looking forward to another fierce (and delicious!) competition for the best burger award!
Eat Pray Love
- 1/2 lb fresh ground beef
- Peppered candy bacon
- Fresh-grilled pineapple
- Fontina cheese
- Creamy slaw
Slathered with sweet chili sauce on a homemade ciabatta roll; served with house-seasoned chips.
NOTE: Dine-in, carryout, curbside and delivery via Doordash available.
Half-Pound Mohican Burger
A traditional 8oz. burger, hand-pressed and seasoned with your choice of cheese and toppings. Served with fries.
NOTE: Carry-out only at this time; pick up your order online.
- 1/3 lb fresh ground beef
- Super Slaw
- BBQ sauce
- Secret seasoning
Served on a brioche bun and served with fair fries.
NOTE: Dine-in and carryout available.
Steakhouse Cheddar Burger
- Beef patties
- Cheddar cheese
- Special seasoning
- Smoke flavoring
NOTE: Lone Star Butcher Shop & Deli is selling the pre-seasoned premium beef for their burger at $7.99/lb, for you to make at home.
GRILL AT HOME!
Two of our burger teams from previous years have submitted new burgers with complete grilling instructions for you to create at home this year. Be sure to tell us how they turn out!
Beef, Bacon & Egg Burger
Submitted by: Buckeye Nutrition
- 2 tsp. canola oil, plus more for the grate
- 1¼ pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grates. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Gently mix together the beef, bacon and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper with your hands in a medium bowl until just combined. Form the beef mixture into four ¾-inch thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty (this will prevent over-plumping during cooking).
- Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 140 °F (roughly 4 minutes per side for medium-rare). *Grill the English muffins, split-side down, until toasted, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook, covered for 2 to 3 minutes for slightly runny yokes. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Stack the tomato, burgers and eggs between the muffins
Chester’s Ultimate Cheesy Cheeseburgers
Submitted by: Frito Lay
- 1 lb. of hamburger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small block of Velveeta Cheese
- ¼ c cheddar popcorn seasoning
- 1 bag of Doritos
- Mix hamburger, shredded cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide hamburger mixture into 8 sections.
- Cut ¼ of the Velveeta into 8-centimeter sized squares. Wrap the hamburger mixture around the Velveeta squares and shape into a rounded patty.
- Place the sliders on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the sliders over with a spatula and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until medium-rare, or cook longer if you prefer the sliders more well done.
- Roll the warm slider in the ¼ cup cheddar popcorn seasoning. Place the slider on a bun and top with a thinly sliced piece of Velveeta and a couple of Doritos.
FROM THE GRILL OFF ARCHIVES
While you wait for the 2021 burger recipes, here are six burger fixins from previous grill teams for you to try at home. We hope these will make your next grill out a hit and bring back good memories from the Great Grill Off!
Grilled by: CCHO's In IT to Win IT
An applewood-smoked beef patty with a special blend of spices, topped with a melted slice of muenster cheese and served up on a toasted garlic butter bun.
Hawaii 5-0 Burger
Grilled by: Spoon Market
Grilled pineapple, maple ham, lettuce, and onion. Served on a Hawaiian bun and drizzled with a sweet chili sauce and dill cream cheese.
Flamin' Hot Ranch Burger
Grilled by: Frito-Lay
Frito-Lay Flamin’ Hot Cool Ranch chips/seasoning, guacamole, grilled jalapeños, and pepper jack cheese. Ranch available as a condiment.
Hawaiian Cowboy Burger
Grilled by: Gandalf's Pub & Restaurant
Pineapple, bacon, ham, lettuce, tomato, red onion, chipotle BBQ sauce, lime cream, vanilla crispy onions, poblano peppers, and salt & pepper.
BBQ Mission Burger
Grilled by: Mission: Thrift
Maple, bacon, bourbon sauce, cheddar cheese, and onion straws.
3 Little Pigs Burger
Grilled by: Lyfe Choices
Sizzling burger seasoning, bacon, Virginia baked ham, and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce pulled pork served on a Hawaiian bun. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce available as a condiment.
The Mouthful Burger
Grilled by: South Street Grille
Slow-smoked pulled pork, house BBQ sauce, homemade candied jalapeños, and pepper jack cheese.
The CAD (Cheddar Applewood Donut) Burger
Grilled by: Wayne Homes
Bacon jam, sharp cheddar cheese, applewood bacon, creamy peanut butter, butter, egg whites and Lipton Beefy Onion Soup mix mixed in beef. Garnished with a donut hole.
Adults can choose three sliders and kids can choose two, so make your decisions carefully. For kids who don't want burgers, they can choose a hot dog instead. All food is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
ALLERGY NOTE: Some burgers contain nuts and/or dairy.