Your Virtual Burger Week Menu
We are so excited for you to share in Burger Week with us, from Sunday, June 14 through Father’s Day on Sunday, June 21.
Our four 2020 Burger Teams are making their burgers and/or burger ingredients available for purchase at their business locations. We’ll also be sharing ingredients for new burger creations or for burgers that were available in previous years at the Great Grill Off, courtesy of some of our past burger teams.
BURGER TEAM CREATIONS
You won’t want to miss these yummy creations from four area businesses. Below, you’ll find all the information you need to get your hands on whichever burgers you want from Sunday, June 14 – Sunday, June 21.
Eat Pray Love
- 1/2 lb fresh ground beef
- Peppered candy bacon
- Fresh-grilled pineapple
- Fontina cheese
- Creamy slaw
Slathered with sweet chili sauce on a homemade ciabatta roll; served with house-seasoned chips.
NOTE: Dine-in, carryout, curbside and delivery via Doordash available.
Half-Pound Mohican Burger
A traditional 8oz. burger, hand-pressed and seasoned with your choice of cheese and toppings. Served with fries.
NOTE: Carry-out only at this time; pick up your order online.
- 1/3 lb fresh ground beef
- Super Slaw
- BBQ sauce
- Secret seasoning
Served on a brioche bun and served with fair fries.
NOTE: Dine-in and carryout available.
Steakhouse Cheddar Burger
- Beef patties
- Cheddar cheese
- Special seasoning
- Smoke flavoring
NOTE: Lone Star Butcher Shop & Deli is selling the pre-seasoned premium beef for their burger at $7.99/lb, for you to make at home.
GRILL AT HOME!
Two of our burger teams from previous years have submitted new burgers with complete grilling instructions for you to create at home this year. Be sure to tell us how they turn out!
Beef, Bacon & Egg Burger
Submitted by: Buckeye Nutrition
- 2 tsp. canola oil, plus more for the grate
- 1¼ pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grates. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Gently mix together the beef, bacon and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper with your hands in a medium bowl until just combined. Form the beef mixture into four ¾-inch thick patties. Use your fingers to make a shallow well in the top of each patty (this will prevent over-plumping during cooking).
- Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 140 °F (roughly 4 minutes per side for medium-rare). *Grill the English muffins, split-side down, until toasted, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook, covered for 2 to 3 minutes for slightly runny yokes. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Stack the tomato, burgers and eggs between the muffins
Chester’s Ultimate Cheesy Cheeseburgers
Submitted by: Frito Lay
- 1 lb. of hamburger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small block of Velveeta Cheese
- ¼ c cheddar popcorn seasoning
- 1 bag of Doritos
- Mix hamburger, shredded cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide hamburger mixture into 8 sections.
- Cut ¼ of the Velveeta into 8-centimeter sized squares. Wrap the hamburger mixture around the Velveeta squares and shape into a rounded patty.
- Place the sliders on the grill and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the sliders over with a spatula and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until medium-rare, or cook longer if you prefer the sliders more well done.
- Roll the warm slider in the ¼ cup cheddar popcorn seasoning. Place the slider on a bun and top with a thinly sliced piece of Velveeta and a couple of Doritos.
FROM THE GRILL OFF ARCHIVES
Finally, we’re happy to share six more recipes from last year’s grill teams for you to try at home. We hope these will make your next grill out a hit and bring back good memories from the Great Grill Off!
Submitted by: Ashland University
- Allouette Brie spread
- Pepper jam (poblano, jalapeño, red, yellow)
- Red onion
- Red wine
- Red wine vinegar
- Black pepper
- Topped with candied bacon
Jalapeño Popper Burger
Submitted by: Wooster Elk's Lodge
- Salt & pepper
- Onion powder
- Stuffed with a cream cheese blend of jalapeños, cheddar/Monterey jack cheeses, chili & garlic powder
- Bacon bits
- Topped with ranch mayo and crispy onion straws
Too Gouda Be True Burger
Submitted by: West View Healthy Living
- Smoked paprika
- Cream cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Brown sugar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Smoked gouda cheese